We have had a letter from the paediatrician this week, referring Luke to the Champion Centre down south, and it includes the results of his latest blood tests. So here goes:
- Luke's hearing is clinically normal, but needs retesting as it was inconclusive last time.
- Luke's eyesight is good.
- The droopy eyelid he had at birth has gone.
- Luke is feeding well and eating lots of solids and finger foods (just not squishy ones that feel yuck!)
- His heart is not enlarged, and his heart sounds are okay. They still cannot hear a murmur, but the 8mm atrial septal defect he was born with is unlikely to close completely spontaneously, and he will need a scan early next year to check this.
- His physical and speech development is excellent- essentially 'normal"!
- His thyroid function is normal- last time he had sub-clinical hypothyroidism
- His full blood count and blood film are normal
So all in all, things are good. Yay Luke!