Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eyes in the Back of My Head

I was running the bath tonight, and I left the bathroom to get the kids' pjs ready. I lock the door from the outside, so a certain someone doesn't fall into the bath. I came back and unlocked the door, and this is what I found.

On the positives, he now has good wrist rotation- evidenced by his ability to turn the lock, and good finger strength. It's not easy to open the lock from the outside.

SO no more leaving the bathroom while I run the bath.

Poor Ben is not well, with a sore throat and temp since Friday. I think it is tonsillitis, but the Dr did not, and after some pressure from me he took a swab. No results yet, but if he is still unwell tomorrow we will be going back. He was having an iceblock to help soothe his throat.

This little brother copies everything his big brother does. Luke is not keen on cold foods like icecream, and has only occasionally tasted the odd bite, and wouldn't even consider an iceblock until he saw Ben having one last night. Then he was at the freezer opening the door and helping himself! He did really well and ate almost the entire thing.

As you can see, he has the perfect tongue for licking an iceblock!

2 comments:

Nan P. said...

I love the video. Standard answer: “no”. Sounds so familiar.

And he knows so well he is not supposed to but uses his charm he has on Mammy to the full.

Yep, love it!

Jane Kaylor said...

hope he is getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net/main_e.htm) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.