Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hospital

Luke has been unwell for a few days now, after Emily and Ben were sick with the flu. Of course he has been the worst, and yesterday Neil made a doctor's appointment for him. With half an hour to go until the appointment, I decided to take him in early. His temperature was 40.1 deg Celsius, and he had had panadol and neurofen and it had gone up further.

When I got to the doctors he got even worse and was crying so they put me in the nurse's office to have a quick check-up with her and be n the airconditioning as it was getting hot. They then informed me that there had been two emergencies and so there were 6 people ahead of me! I was not best pleased, even thought I know it was no-one's fault. They juggled things and I only had to wait for 2 others in the end. The doctor is very thorough and decided to send him to the hospital for assessment as he had some crackles on his lungs.

So off we went at 5pm last night. We saw two doctors there, and had his oxygen sats checked and a urine sample etc, and were given some preventative antibiotics so thankfully we were home by 8.15 pm. He is much better today, so here's hoping we get a full night's sleep and he's even better tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Hope you have a good nights sleep and Luke starts feeling much better really soon.

Kimberly said...

It's no fun when the littlest ones don't feel well. So glad that it wasn't an extended hospital stay. I hope he gets better soon!

Cathal's Mammy said...

Poor little guy, get well soon Luke

Beth said...

Hope he continues to improve. I can't stand it when little ones are ill. Hoping for sweet rest for all of you!

Brandie said...

I'm glad you didn't have to stay at the hospital. I hope Luke's feeling well soon.

Nan P. said...

Got a bit of a fright when I saw the tittle of this post. So glad he did not have to stay and you could all go home.

Please give Luke a big hug for me. :-)