Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thanks Kimberley :)


Kimberley very kindly gave me this award last month, and because I am not up with the play at the moment, it has taken me this long to post it. But thanks Kimberley, I do really appreciate it. You can 'meet' Kimberley and her whanau over at http://www.drivingwithnohands.blogspot.com/. She has 3 lovely kids and also has a blog where she posts daily photos which take her fancy (and often mine). Check these out too at http://365kae.blogspot.com/

The rules of the award were to post the award and thank the giver- done :) Then share 7 (yes 7!) interesting things about yourself, then pass the award on to 7 others. I don't know if I can think of 7 interesting things about myself, but here goes.

1.  I am an eyebrow raiser. As in one eyebrow. I can use it to stop kids in my class at 100 paces. Very handy when teaching 11 and 12 year olds.
2. I hate watching sport on tv, especially cricket, rugby and soccer (yawn). And my husband LOVES these, especially soccer. And winter is nearly here....
3. I majored in French at university.
4. I have lots of steps- as in brothers, sisters, parents. As in 2 step-sisters and 3 step-brothers.
5. I loved to play tricks on my younger brother, who is a deep sleeper. I would sneak into his room at night, and do things like rearranging his furniture, including his bed as he slept in it, or tangling a ball of wool up around his room like a giant cobweb!
6. One of my earliest memories is of watching a Rolling Stones song on tv with Dad. I have no idea what the song was, but Mick Jagger was crawling through what I remember as cupboards and coming up to the camera with his huge mouth and giant lips and I thought he was going to gobble me up! Still can't stand his mouth!
7. I am not keen on spiders. Started when I was little and found a HUGE one down the loo. Getting better now because I have to put a brave face on it for the kids.
8. I don't eat tomatoes. When I was about 12 I was banned from eating them until I was 16 by my stepfather, on the theory (reverse psychology) that by then I would love them like the rest of the world, but be unable to have them. Don't try this parenting technique at home. Possibly the best punishment I ever got!
9. I hate watching programmes with kids getting hurt in them. Just can't do it.
10. I am secretly a nana. I love knitting and gardening and cross-stitch.

There. Did it. That was hard.

Now here's the easy bit: passing it on to 7 others.

Nan P. Love her blog, and her enthusiasm is catching. All the way on the other side of the world, where my great-grandparents were born, in Ireland. Feel like I know her :)

Sarah who is a great role model for all our kids, and who has a really special relationship with her mum (mom) Joyce.

Cherie who has two gorgeous boys, one with the fabulous name of Luke, who get up to lots of great adventures.

Nick who is a bloke so probably won't appreciate a girly award, but whose blog I think you should read. Always has somgthing informative or funny or profound to share. Just need more pics of Jacob please ;)

Angela with her Trisomy tribe, who always makes me smile, and feel like my life is not as busy as I think it is!

Sharon and her gorgeous 5 year old Maia, who is just off to school, and makes me know it will all be alright.

Beth over at Hannah's Shenanigans, my favourite bits are 'Cooking with Hannah'. Another great role model.

Thanks to you all for sharing your lives and children with me :)

2 comments:

Nan P. said...

Thank you Mel. Must get busy this weekend so!

I like the "eyebrow raiser" bit.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the extra two interesting facts! Trina :)